Happy New Year! Now that 2014 is in full swing, now’s the time to buckle down and focus on being consistent with your online marketing efforts. If Google has taught us anything, it’s that regardless of trends and what’s popular to do now, what works always is consistency:
- Consistently add new, unique content to your website
- Consistently seek out quality back links, both incoming as well as outgoing
- Consistently check for broken links and update them
- Consistently check for content-scraping or other sources of duplicated content, and remove them
- Consistently maintain your website – great content + clean code are sure ways to win over search engines and audiences alike
While marketing and SEO trends may rise and ebb, consistency in all things — even if you choose to try out new ideas while incorporating old ones — is what will ultimately see you through.